The following achievements demonstrate my media and publicity capabilities.
I specialise in social media production, and have created thousands of posts, resulting in over 1,300 followers on Twitter. Examples of my images designed for social media posts can be seen on my website https://CliffHowardArtist.com.
My number of Linkedin ”first” connections exceed 8,400 professionals.
These example deliverables are from my two year contract with the Melbourne Institute of Applied Social and Economic Research, at Melbourne University, while I was in the role of Communications and Publicity Manager.
- I wrote the Melbourne Institute media releases on social research findings, working papers, and macroeconomic reports.
- I coordinated generating publicity for the numerous public lectures by Professor Ross Garnaut AO [pictured] — e.g. the New Resources Tax [13 May 2010].
- I invited and coordinated all media attending the two-day 2009 Social & Economic Outlook Conference [5-6 November] opened by the Hon John Brumby. I prepared media kits and facilitated door-stop interviews. Four television crews attended some of the highlight sessions.
- I produced the 2008 and 2009 Melbourne Institute Annual Report; and wrote in-depth articles for stakeholder newsletters (e.g. the quarterly Melbourne Institute Newsletter).
- I have built media relationships with key editors and industry associations relevant to three major research programs within the Melbourne Institute: 1. Medicine in Australia, Balancing Employment and Life (MABEL) — a longitudinal survey of 10,000 Australian doctors. 2. The Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia (IPRIA) program. 3. The Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey Statistical Conference, and annual reports 2008 and 2009.
- I summarised research and sent it as media releases to over 800 national media editors, journalists and broadcast commentators.
- I contributed edits to Industrial Economics reports, including the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers Melbourne Institute Asialink Index, launched on 13 February 2009 by Australian Minister for Trade, the Hon Simon Crean, and guests included Asialink Chairman, Mr Sid Myer.
- Media liaison at the Economics Public Forums and seminars [4 per year] — included taking photographs and interviewing speakers for media releases.
- I developed strategies to communicate research outputs, e.g. issuing media releases to increase the profile of The Australian Economic Review.
- I implemented communications and website initiatives to build the competitive image and quality reputation of the Business & Economics Faculty.
- I executed strategies for internal and external communications using both traditional and web–based channels (e.g. writing media releases for the annual HILDA Statistical Report articles).
- I coordinated publicity for the launch of major reports produced by the Melbourne Institute, such as ‘Doing Business with Japan’(June 2010).
- I content managed the Melbourne Institute’s website and intranet.
- I wrote articles for e-newsletters: Knowledge Transfer; ‘The Voice’ monthly insert in The Age, a Bi-monthly e-newsletter ‘e-Comm’ for Commerce Faculty Alumni.
Contact me for an obligation-free discussion about your possible needs.