Who am I?
I am an independent marketing practitioner and copywriter / editor with over thirty years' experience in sales and marketing management positions in Australia. I gained expertise in writing effective communications through hands-on media liaison and writing at Melbourne University; Clemenger Advertising; Telstra; HC Sleigh, and Western Power.
My Linkedin site provides additional information about my background, and I enjoy a wide range of business contacts covering over 7,800 'first connections''.
Testimonials about my professionalism and acumen are available on a separate page within this website.
I understand the sales, marketing and communications needs of all sized businesses.
- I was Communications and Publicity Manager between 2008-2010 at the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, University of Melbourne. My outputs included writing media releases; producing the Annual Report; and I was editor of the quarterly Melbourne Institute Newsletter.
- I offer expertise in preparing clear and persuasive communications tailored for your target customers and stakeholders.
- I specialise in preparing concise and straightforward website content, plus the design and writing of newsletters - including images.
- Your satisfaction in receiving quality writing is paramount to me. I have worked in the education sector; telecommunications; aviation; travel; export; manufacturing; wholesale fashion; retail and government.
- I was also the editor of a quarterly magazine for an electricity company’s corporate customers, and have written submissions on deregulation policy plus proposals that have won Australian-wide new product franchises. I understand the often complex challenges in maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders.
- I offer an in-depth knowledge of market research procedures and especially questionnaire design. For several years I was the National Market Research Manager at Telstra and MobileNet, and later I held a similar role at a major Australian electricity organisation.
I create a consistent tone and style within my clients’ written messages / speeches. Even the logo or tag-line needs to complement the nature of your business. I believe that my art background helps me provide fresh feedback on your image and web presence.
Examples of my paintings can be viewed on my Facebook page.
I would be delighted to talk with you about your business communications, or to comment on how I might be able to improve your promotional materials.
I respect your time, and I understand the importance of getting to understand your particular business and style preferences.
Falcon Writing Australia